Implementation project coordinator (D3SM)
Summary of position
The D3SM initiative is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Implementation Coordinator to support the implementation of digital healthcare and intervention projects in psychiatry.
The D3SM (Douglas Data and Digital Science for Mental Health – d3sm.ca) is a digital mental health initiative bringing together several researchers from the Douglas Research Centre (DRC) located at the Douglas Mental Health University Institute, and working closely with the Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux de l’Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal (CIUSSS-ODIM). With over 85 researchers covering the full spectrum of mental health research (neuroscience, clinical, services, policy and epidemiology/population health), the DRC has been an international leader in mental health research for over 30 years. This position is part of the “Digital Mental Health” enterprise, a central strategic objective for the CIUSSS-ODIM, also echoing the D3SM vision.
The selected candidate will make a significant contribution to research projects in the area of implementation science. He/She will be involved in optimizing the use of digital services and technology, including creating a digital sustainability strategy plan. Specifically, the candidate will be involved in the D3SM projects and support their implementation journey.
The work will be carried under the supervision of Drs. Ferrari and Lepage and in close collaboration with the different D3SM teams: Douglas Neuroinformatics, Data science, Open science and Digital Mental Health.
Dr. Ferrari is the founder of the LudicMind Studio, a state-of-the-art lab with technical equipment and infrastructure to conduct patient engagement research to co-design digital mental health interventions and solutions.
Description of tasks
- Carry out a literature review on implementation frameworks and approaches ;
- Assess the current situation at the Douglas/CIUSSS-ODIM in regards of environment, interventions type (eg: complex, digital, and clinical), population (eg: age, cultural, and stigmatized groups), etc ;
- Evaluate best ways to acquire current practices insights from the field (eg: qualitative interviews, quantitative questionnaires, digitally or in person, integration in already existing tools, etc.) ;
- Conduct interviews and/or administer questionnaires to evaluate barriers and facilitators of implementation ;
- Develop a tailored handbook of summarized implementation frameworks and how to actionalize them in our setting ;
- Contribute to several projects in regards to implementation;
- Develop a sustainability strategy plan framework ;
- Assist in evaluating digital tools implementation via summary reports and basic analyses on data acquired.
- Doctorate degree in psychology, public health, policy or any social science field, economic, business administration ;
- Experience in implementation research and knowledge translation ;
- Experience conducting qualitative interviews with different types of stakeholders;
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative data analysis expertise ;
- Previous experience working with digital media, an asset.
- Good command of English and French knowledge (oral), an asset ;
- Good skills in interpersonal relationships and work organization ;
- Good knowledge transfer skills and ability to adapt communications to audiences ranging from technical to lay ;
- Ability to work in a team setting, and integrate feedback to improve its own work and skills ;
- Excellent abilities in writing and critical analysis ;
- Knowledge of digital tools and new technologies within the healthcare field, an asset.
Location of work
Douglas Mental University Institute (Perry, FBC pavilions), Montréal, QC. The work schedule is flexible and part of the work can be done remotely.
A full-time position (35 hours/week),
(12 months contract, possibility or renewal)
SalaryDepending on experience, between $ 50,000 and $ 75,000 per year
Required to travel?No
Instructions for submitting an application
Interested candidates, please send a copy of your CV and a letter of presentation to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contact personVanessa Valiquette
Name of immediate supervisor
Manuela Ferrari and Martin Lepage