Congratulations to Drs. Mallar Chakravarty, Cecilia Flores, Jamie Near, Judes Poirier, Lalit Srivastava, and Florian Storch, all recipients of a research grant from the Discovery Grants Program of the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC).
The projects that will benefit from that funding are:
- Multi-variate and multi-modal modelling of neuroimaging data to better understand brain ageing (Dr. Chakravarty)
- Netrin-1 mediates stress-induced plasticity of adult pyramidal neurons (Dr. Flores)
- Development of advanced magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging techniques for rapid high-resolution mapping of brain metabolite levels (Dr. Near)
- Cholesterol-related genes in response to brain deafferentation in normal and transgenic mice (Dr. Poirier)
- Role of dopamine in adolescent maturation of prefrontal cortical circuits and associated behaviors (Dr. Srivastava)
- Dissecting the mechanistic basis of meal timing and food anticipation: a role for the DUO (Dr. Storch)
Congratulations to you all!