Dr. Simon Ducharme featured in Téléquébec’s Beau dans ma tête – “The role of memory in our well-being”
Published on: 2023-10-04
S1 – EP5 – The role of memory in our well-being
Why don’t we all remember the same things? How does the brain discriminate between information and retain only what it deems useful? Memory, like memory loss, fascinates the world of research. We live in a world where we are bombarded with tips, advice and trends telling us how to be happy. From microdosing to self-hypnosis apps, to the increasingly popular choice of sobriety, our topics cover a wide horizon, but are always centered on wellness.
- How does our brain work when we try to remember something? What is memory really good for? To find out, our host Pascale Lévesque meets Frédérick L. Philippe, professor of psychology at UQAM.
- Martin Carli talks about selective hearing. When the other half of your couple is talking to you and you can’t hear them…
- Test: Journalist Mayssa Ferah takes a look at the free personality tests available on the Web. Are they valid? To find out, she talks to psychologist Estelle Morin, full professor at HEC Montréal.
- Guest psychologist Lory Zéphyr answers the question: “Dre, is it true that if I can’t remember my childhood memories, I must have had an unhappy childhood?”
- Pascale Lévesque visits Dr. Simon Ducharme at Montreal’s Douglas Hospital to find out what’s happening in Alzheimer’s and dementia research.