Manuela Ferrari, PhD
Please join us on February 20, at 3:30 pm in room E-2205, Perry Pavilion, for a workshop with Manuela Ferrari, PhD entitled "The more we share, the more we have: Breaking the barriers to knowledge sharing". This workshop will present an introduction to the principles of knowledge translation, exchange, mobilization. It will focus on making evidence accessible, understandable and useful to those who can actively use our evidence –from patients to policy makers.
Dr. Manuela Ferrari is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at McGill University and Researcher at the Douglas Research Centre in Montreal. She applies participatory design to e-Mental Health interventions to enhance access to care, treatment, and client engagement with services.
Aim of the presentation: This presentation aims to create awareness about Knowledge Translation (KT) training that we would like to develop for the Douglas staff/students
This interactive workshop supports participants to achieve the following goals:
- Acquire and apply new knowledge for KT planning for different target audiences
- Develop KT plan for non-academic audiences based on their current work
- Improve their confidence to implement targeted KT activities that can be further develop during the KT training.
Registration is needed to help the organisation of this workshop
For the registration, research groups are invited to apply in teams of 2-3 people.
List of recommended items to bring to the workshop:
- A computer or tablet that can connect to internet
- A publication abstract from a recent manuscript (word format) -one for research team
- Key findings from a recent research project or research program -2 or 3 sentences.
This workshop will make use of gamification techniques: You win as a team, you lose as a team!!! But each team will get pizza!!