Key Research Areas at the Douglas
The Douglas Research Centre is an institution where excellence and innovation in mental health research meet collaboration and synergy. Our key areas of expertise are described through the following theme-based groups:
- Sleep and Biological Rhythms (led by Nicolas Cermakian, PhD)
- Youth Mental Health and Early Intervention (led by Ridha Joober, MD, PhD)
- Environmental Adversity, Neurodevelopment, and Mental Health (led by Patrícia Pelufo Silveira, MD, PhD)
- Stress, Anxiety, Depression, and Suicide (led by Naguib Mechawar, PhD)
- Aging, Cognition and Alzheimer’s Disease (led by Judes Poirier, PhD)
Each of these groups is a multidisciplinary structure, with membership from different Research Divisions, and focusing on particular areas of interest.