Registration: August 17, 2023
Internal deadline: September 11, 2023
CIHR Deadline: September 14, 2023
AUGUST 10, 2023 – MCGILL OFFICE OF SPONSORED RESEARCH INFORMATION SESSION
The Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) is pleased to invite McGill researchers and administrators to an information session on CIHR Project Grant
Date: Thursday, August 10, 2023Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pmThis session will be hosted on Zoom – link and password will be provided to those who RSVP.
- A presentation about the objectives and full application requirements of the CIHR Project Grant by Katarina Stojkovic, Grants and Agreements Officer, OSR;
- A presentation on tips and best practices by Dr. Anastasia Nijnik, Associate Professor, Department of Physiology and previous successful Project Grant applicant and peer reviewer; and
- A question and answer period where participants will be encouraged to raise any questions they may have about the program or the application process.
Those who are unable to attend and would like to view last year’s session are invited to contact Katarina Stojkovic.
AUGUST 17, 2023 – DOUGLAS INTERNAL REVIEW COMMITTEE DEADLINE
- Submit your abstract to the Douglas Internal Review Committee by emailing to Please send your abstract to: email@example.com
- Please include names of suggested reviewers at Douglas, if you can think of some. If your preferred reviewer is outside of Douglas, please indicate name and e-mail.
- The abstract can be the one you submitted for registration or a rough draft just to give us an idea of the content of your grant, to be able to select a reviewer.
- Applicants can approach potential reviewers themselves, as a personal invitation is often convincing. However, the review process must still go through the Douglas Internal Review Committee to allow eligibility for bridge funding.
AUGUST 24, 2023 – DRC ADMIN DEADLINE
- Send the completed DHRC Abbreviated Checklist signed by the Principal Applicant
- Submit the DHRC Checklist to: firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: email@example.com)
AUGUST 30, 2023 – DOUGLAS INTERNAL REVIEW COMMITTEE DEADLINE
Submit your full grant to the Douglas Internal Review Committee. Also submit the previous reviews from CIHR and your response, if ready.
- When you submit your grant to the Douglas Internal Review Committee, you can submit your unsuccessful version from the last round, if necessary, to save time. However, you will likely get more meaningful feedback if you submit a newer version revised in response to reviews from last round.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2023 – DOUGLAS INTERNAL REVIEW COMMITTEE DEADLINE
You will receive feedback from reviewers.
SEPTEMBER 11, 2023 – DRC ADMIN DEADLINE
- Institutional deadline for submission (Final submission deadline)
- Please note that any application received after September 11, 2023 may not be submitted by September 14, 2023.
- For the DRC Administration to approve and submit your proposals via ResearchNet:
- All other research related information and tasks must be completed
- All required documents must be uploaded on ResearchNet (note that the DHRC Checklist does not need to be uploaded, as this is an internal document)
- The grant application must be electronically submitted via ResearchNet before the internal deadline on Monday, September 11, 2023, 8:00 pm EST.
***The DRC is not responsible in situations where this deadline has not been respected; please be sure to submit your documents by September 11, 2023.***