Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee
Chair: Natasha Rajah, PhD
- Srividya Iyer, PhD (Mental Health & Society Division)
- Rachel Rabin, PhD (Clinical Division)
- Cecilia Flores, PhD (Basic Neuroscience Division)
- Sylvia Villeneuve, PhD (Human Neuroscience Division)
- 2 trainees TBD
- Educate our research community about best practices in equity*, diversity*, and inclusion* (EDI)
- Ensure best practices in EDI are observed in all social and work-place interactions, and in our engagement with all communities and stakeholders.
- Identify, remove, and prevent barriers that hinder full and meaningful participation for all faculty, staff and trainees in all aspects of campus life.
- Support equitable and inclusive access to research resources, and scientific and career opportunities for all members of the Douglas community.
- Ensure diversity, inclusivity and representation of under-represented groups in committee composition, leadership roles and various research activities
For more information about our committee please see our detailed Terms of Reference.
* Equity: The removal of systemic barriers and biases enabling all individuals to have equal opportunity to access and benefit from the program.
* Diversity: Differences in race, colour, place of origin, religion, immigrant and newcomer status, ethnic origin, ability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and age.
* Inclusion: The practice of ensuring that all individuals are valued and respected for their contributions and equally supported.
If you are a member of the Research Community at the Douglas Research Centre and wish to discuss an EDI related item, please contact the EDI Officer representing your Division (for faculty) or representing trainees (for graduate and postdoctoral researchers).
If there is an urgent EDI matter you wish to discuss, please contact the EDI Chair or Co-Chair and/or refer to the University Resources below:
- Equity at McGill website provides a variety of resources for McGill members from the office of the Associate Provost of Equity and Academic Policies that include (but are limited to): Student Wellness Hub, Reporting on Harassment, Discrimination and Sex Violence, Social Accountability and Community Engagement. In addition, this webpage provides contact information for whom you should connect with at McGill if you have equity and harassment complaints.
- Office of the Dean of Students website provides information about McGill’s Anti-Racism policy, Student Rights and Responsibilities, Code of Conduct for Students, and Academic Integrity
- The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences Faculty Code of Conduct webpage contains the Faculty Code of Conduct.
L'Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM)
- The Student Life Services website at UQAM provide resources for on learning and psychological support for trainees and relevant contact information.
- The Human Resources website provides resources about Institutional policies about health and safety, including information on anti-racism and anti-harassment policies.
L'Université de Montréal
- Information about the University’s EDI Faculty Committees can be found here.
- FAÉCUM represents student associations and its website provides resources related to EDI to the student body at the University.
- The Student Success Centre website provides information about advocacy and advice on EDI for students.
- The HR Department website provides information on equity for faculty, with related contacts for EDI.
Please see below for publications of interest.
- Gender bias in academia: A lifetime problem that needs solutions
- Gender Disparity in Citations in High-Impact Journal Articles