Drs Judes Poirier and Sylvia Villeneuve
Description of study
Our goal is to understand how we can slow or reverse the emergence of AD symptoms. Your participation will let us study how to prevent declines in brain health. Without the participation of research volunteers, such studies are impossible.
This study is being run by the Stop-AD Centre.
If you are eligible for our study, we will ask you to do the following:
- Come to the StoP-AD Centre to meet our research personnel so that we can explain the study to you and answer your questions.
- If you subsequently choose to participate, we will schedule several visits that will include:
● Routine medical exams
● Brain scans using state-of-the-art procedures
● Brief tests of your memory and cognitive functions
- The main benefit people receive from taking part in studies like PREVENT-Alzheimer is a sense of satisfaction that they are playing a critical role in the fight against AD.
- Other advantages include a physical examination by our staff at regular intervals and an assessment of your health and memory. Note, however, that only PREVENT-Alzheimer faculty and staff will see your test results.
- You will also be provided with pamphlets and articles about progress in the fight against Alzheimer’s disease.
- You must be 55 or older and in good health
- You must have a parent, brother or sister who has – or had – Alzheimer’s disease
Please note that recruitment is currently on hold. We anticipate that recruitment will restart in 2022.
To participate in the study, please contact :
Phone. : 1 855 888-4485 (toll free)