Create innovative and integrated research programs in mental disorders, from genes to society.
Understand, prevent, and treat mental disorders through science.
Gustavo Turecki, MD, PhD, Scientific Director
Martin Lepage, PhD, Deputy Scientific Director
Jocelyne Lahoud, Administrative Director
Sylvanne Daniels, PhD, Associate Director, Strategic Initiatives
Stéphanie Lassonde, BA, Director, Partnership Development
- Grants to our investigators: ~$30M/year
- Support to the Research Centre: from the Montreal West Island CIUSSS, the Fonds de Recherche du Québec - Santé, the Douglas Foundation, and other sources.
- Douglas Research Centre rated exceptional by the FRQ-S
The Douglas Research Centre is
- The second largest mental health research centre in Canada, with over 400 scientific publications per year
- A research centre embedded in a hospital, member of the Centre Intégré Universitaire de Santé et de Services Sociaux (CIUSSS) de l’Ouest-de-l’île-de-Montréal
- More than 560 persons on-site, including:
- 69 Principal Investigators
- 247 Trainees - MSc, PhD students, and postdocs
- 8 Canada Research Chairs
- 13 administrative staff members
- 4 Research Divisions
- Representative of all researchers
- Separated based on research approaches
- 5 Theme-Based Groups
- Naturally formed groups around common interests
- 5 Research Platforms
- Key research infrastuctures to support local and international research teams
- State-of-the-art facilities to achieve technically-challenging reseach objectives
- 6 Committees
- Each committee led by a Douglas researcher
- Clear mandates to support research activities
The Douglas Foundation
The mission of the Douglas Foundation is to finance the development of the Douglas Institute: patient care, research in neuroscience and mental health, and education and training.
You can make a donation to support Mental Health research today: Donate to the Douglas Foundation
Learn more about the Doulgas Foundation: