The Douglas Hospital Research Centre is
- The second largest mental health research centre in Canada, with 200-300 Scientific Publications per year
- A research centre embedded in a hospital, member of the Centre Intégré Universitaire de Santé et de Services Sociaux (CIUSSS) de l’Ouest-de-l’île-de-Montréal
- More than 560 persons on-site, including:
- 64 Principal Investigators
- 266 Trainees - MSc, PhD students, and postdocs
- 8 Canada Research Chairs
- 13 Administrative staff
Gustavo Turecki, PhD, Scientific Director
Martin Lepage, PhD, Delegate Scientific Director
Jocelyne Lahoud, Administrative Director
Alain Gratton, PhD, Director of infrastructures
Eric Latimer, PhD, Director of the Psychosocial sector
Sylvanne Daniels, PhD, Communications Officer
- Grants to our investigators $18M
- Research Centre budget (2014): $22M - From the Douglas Institute, the Fonds de Recherche du Québec - Santé - FRQS and other sources.
- Douglas Institute Research Centre rated exceptional by the FRQ-S
The Douglas Foundation
The mission of the Douglas Foundation is to finance the development of the Douglas Institute: patient care, research in neuroscience and mental health, and education and training.
Learn more about the foundation on the Douglas Foundation website.
You can make a donation to support Mental Health research today: Donate to the Douglas Foundation